Just a quick post at the moment – I’ve got five exams coming up in the next two weeks and so study is taking priority! Whipped up a quick batch of muffins for brain food! (Little bit of procrastibaking too…)
Original recipe from taste.com.au but modified to suit my needs!
Banana & Blueberry Yogurt Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal self raising flour
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup Chobani 2% Greek Yogurt (or other low fat alternative)
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium bananas)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees (170 if fan forced oven). Grease a 12 tray muffin pan (or use silicon muffin cases).
- Stir together the flour and chia seeds.
- Whisk together the banana, egg, oil and honey (Hayley’s Handy Hint: put the oil in first and use the same measuring cup for the honey – the thin layer of oil prevents the honey from sticking to the cup!).
- Combine the flour and liquid mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fold through the blueberries.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tray and bake for 12 – 15 minutes (until golden brown and skewer comes out clean).
- Transfer whole muffin tray to oven rack and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from tray and place on oven rack to cool further.
Easy, peasy! Took me about 25 minutes total to make (including clean up time which I did while they were baking). You can freeze them and then take them as an on the go snack to work/school/uni. I like my muffins warm so I generally heat them up in the microwave for 10 seconds but they can be enjoyed defrosted too!
P.S – made the Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal for my parents this morning (studying down in my hometown of Mandurah for a few days) and it received the thumbs up from my Dad (who’s a white bread and meat kind of man hehe). The real test will be the clean vegetable quiche I’m making for dinner tonight – recipe and verdict will be up later tonight!