Last but not least, a warm vege packed dip that I served in a wholemeal Vienna loaf. My friend Amanda made this when I was in Sydney so I asked for the recipe coz it was super yummy! I changed it a wee bit coz the original had mayo in it but I substituted it for Greek yogurt instead 🙂 it’s got a fair bit of cheese in it but as long as it doesn’t have any preservatives or additives I’m okay with that – its a dip that would serve about 15 people so for a party or entertaining its fine!
Warm Cheesy Spinach & Artichoke Dip
400gm can of artichokes in water
250 – 300 gm frozen spinach (thawed)
1/4 cup spring onion (I just used one spring onion), chopped
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup low fat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup light sour cream
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (don’t buy the pre shredded stuff – they add preservatives to it to keep it like that!)
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese (again, buy a block and grate it yourself!) – the amount of cheese is up to you depending on how cheesy you like it 🙂
1 wholemeal cob loaf (or Vienna loaf in my case coz they didn’t have wholemeal cob)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- In a food processor, chop up the artichokes, garlic, spring onion and spinach
- Combine the rest of ingredients in a bowl
- Place in an oven proof dish (I sprayed mine with olive oil just to be safe) and bake for 20-25 mins until hot and cheese is melted.
- Cut a whole in the middle of the bread and rip up the bread into bite size pieces – place the bits around the loaf and put in the oven for the last 5 minutes so make the bread crispy and warm.
- Spoon the dip into the middle of the bread and serve immediately!
To make it gluten free, obviously serve it with gluten free bread or in a separate bowl with crackers, carrot sticks and so on!
Delicious! Here’s a photo of me looking super proud as I serve it up hehe 😉
Now I’m off to enjoy my last day of freedom with 2 of my best friends and goddaughter in Freo! I start my teaching prac on Monday for the whole of term 3! So hopefully ill be posting some more but it will be a pretty full on 8 weeks so see how I go! Wish me luck 🙂