I know, I know! It’s been a verrrrry long time since I’ve posted! I do apologise but sometimes life gets busy – but I’m making up for it by giving you not one, not two but THREE new recipes today. And you are in for a treat too – not tooting my own horn but they tasted amazing! So hopefully I will be forgiven for my disappearance on the blog scene 😉
I cooked up a culinary storm last night because my roommates and I decided to throw a girls wine, cheese & dessert night with some friends. It was a night of indulging but at least the desserts I put together were guilt free (and gluten free for my coeliac roommate who will now love me forever!). So whilst i wait for the the other girls who are still sleeping (my body clock loves to wake me up no matter what day it is or how late I went to bed) I’m going to share with you the first dessert – Banana and Walnut Fudge. Super easy to prepare and was the winner of the night! Found the recipe on thegraciouspantry.com
Banana & Walnut Fudge
Makes about 24 pieces (depending how you cut it)
1/2 cup coconut oil
2/3 cup pure and unsweetened cocoa powder
1 medium ripe banana
1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a small sauce pot, melt the oil.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder while the oil is still warm
- In a food processor, blend the banana, dates and vanilla extract. (I had to use the stick blender towards the end to get a really smooth consistency)
- Add the chocolate to the processor and blend until smooth and well combined.
- Pour into a small, parchment lined baking dish and place dish in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. I used a spatula (the thing you use to scrape bowls with?) to press it down and smooth it around the tray and it was super easy!
- Cut into 24 pieces (a pizza cutter works great)
Hands down favourite of the night by all of the girls and I’m lucky there’s still some left in the fridge for dessert tonight 😉 I forgot to get a photo of the fudge cut up so here is one of me looking very pleased with myself holding a plate of it and also the dessert that features in Part II of the girls night!